No power to Aqua Rite Chlorine Generator

BB_Sacramento

Aug 14, 2015
sacramento/CA
I noticed my chlorine level is low so I looked at the panel on my Aqua Rite Salt Water Chlorine Generator and the power was off, which I have never seen. I turned the breaker off and on again, and the power came back on - for a few seconds, then turned off again. I tried it a 2nd time and the same thing happened. The pool pump is on and everything seems to be operating normally except for the Salt Water Chlorine Generator. I looked at the cell and it's clean. I'm not sure if I need an electrician or a pool equipment repair person, or what to try. Until it's fixed I can manually add chlorine - I have shock now.

Attachments

• IMG_4832.JPG
    IMG_4832.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 3

mguzzy

Gold Supporter
Jul 8, 2015
OV, CA
Pop that panel off by removing the two screws.. then take a good pic of the board and electronics inside. We'll see what we can see.

edit: I was just going to call you Allen and James in!

JamesW

TFP Expert
Mar 2, 2011
Since you still have the display, the problem is probably a bad thermistor.

Move the switch to off and check the voltage. It should be 30 to 32 and steady.

Move the switch to Auto and recheck the voltage. It should be between 24 and 28 and steady.

If the voltage is below these readings or fluctuating, it's probably a bad thermistor.

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.