Pentair Warrior SE - length of power cord and Aux power control

DanF

Silver Supporter
Mar 17, 2019
Chandler, AZ
First Name
Dan
If I automated my Dolphin I'd need to have the plug outside, connected to a GFI outlet. Would that be safe? I also wonder if my WiFi signal would reach.

setsailsoon

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Oct 25, 2015
Stuart/FL
If I automated my Dolphin I'd need to have the plug outside, connected to a GFI outlet. Would that be safe? I also wonder if my WiFi signal would reach.
That's what all modern pools have and what mine has. If anything GFI are safer. You can use a WiFi extender or a mesh WiFi router to get the signal if needed. I've used TP link Smart Plugs and much cheaper KMC Smart Plugs. Only difference is how easy they are to set up. KMC required the "alternate pairing" mode which is a real pain because it requires the "alternate pairing" procedure which is very tedious and instructions aren't real clear. Even after that you don't have control until you teach Alexa the "new skill". But I will say they were much cheaper - about 25%. Have not had to set them up as lights on my Alexa. Alexa let's you set them as lights for when you plug a light into the Smart Plug and want to use the special light features. For example, you can tell her "goodnight" and it turns all lights off. Weird that some devices mentioned in this post won't work unless you set them up as a light.

Chris

markayash

Gold Supporter
Mar 21, 2016
Marrietta Ga
First Name
Mark
If it’s covered should be ok but they are for indoor use. But I am not an electrician :)
As far as WiFi you can see if you can connect from your phone. It’s not a lot of data so will work with a weaker signal. I think once you set the schedule it's saved in the smart plug so you don't need wifi..I am a network engineer :)

Reactions: DanF

markayash

Gold Supporter
Mar 21, 2016
Marrietta Ga
First Name
Mark
That's what all modern pools have and what mine has. If anything GFI are safer. You can use a WiFi extender or a mesh WiFi router to get the signal if needed. I've used TP link Smart Plugs and much cheaper KMC Smart Plugs. Only difference is how easy they are to set up. KMC required the "alternate pairing" mode which is a real pain because it requires the "alternate pairing" procedure which is very tedious and instructions aren't real clear. Even after that you don't have control until you teach Alexa the "new skill". But I will say they were much cheaper - about 25%. Have not had to set them up as lights on my Alexa. Alexa let's you set them as lights for when you plug a light into the Smart Plug and want to use the special light features. For example, you can tell her "goodnight" and it turns all lights off. Weird that some devices mentioned in this post won't work unless you set them up as a light.

Chris
I don't know why my vesync one did that. But when I went to add it wasn't showing up but they are cheap, 2 for around $15 and I have them all over my house :) Nice to be able to have schedules but still kind of bothers me alexa is listening all the time but so are your smart phones :)

Reactions: DanF

DanF

Silver Supporter
Mar 17, 2019
Chandler, AZ
First Name
Dan
Looks like the folks on this thread that got the automation to work all had Pentair Warrior SEs. I have a Dolphin S200, which I understand is very similar. How would I test that my S200 has the automation capability, without having a Smart Plug? Is there a way test without having the plug?

markayash

Gold Supporter
Mar 21, 2016
Marrietta Ga
First Name
Mark
If it’s covered should be ok but they are for indoor use.
As far as WiFi you can see if you can connect from your phone. It’s not a lot of data so will work on a weaker signal.
Looks like the folks on this thread that got the automation to work all had Pentair Warrior SEs. I have a Dolphin S200, which I understand is very similar. How would I test that my S200 has the automation capability, without having a Smart Plug? Is there a way test without having the plug?

Once in automation mode just unplug it and plug it back in. Sometimes you have to do it twice.
When you plug it back in it should light up and start after a few seconds

DanF

Silver Supporter
Mar 17, 2019
Chandler, AZ
First Name
Dan
Once in automation mode just unplug it and plug it back in. Sometimes you have to do it twice.
When you plug it back in it should light up and start after a few seconds
Thanks Mark. Do you mean the robot should start up after a few seconds? And how long will it run?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

DanF

Silver Supporter
Mar 17, 2019
Chandler, AZ
First Name
Dan
I followed @setsailsoon's instructions and it worked! My S200 is now running in the pool. I tested unplugging the control box and it turned the robot off (obviously) and the plugged it back in and the robot started again, confirming automation mode.

Curious to see what happens after two hours. If the robot stops, do I just need to unplug and plug back in to start again tomorrow?

Reactions: markayash

setsailsoon

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Oct 25, 2015
Stuart/FL
Curious to see what happens after two hours. If the robot stops, do I just need to unplug and plug back in to start again tomorrow?
That's what I do only Alexa does it for me. I start at 10 am run for 2 hrs then turn it off every day. Works like a charm!

Reactions: markayash

markayash

Gold Supporter
Mar 21, 2016
Marrietta Ga
First Name
Mark
I followed @setsailsoon's instructions and it worked! My S200 is now running in the pool. I tested unplugging the control box and it turned the robot off (obviously) and the plugged it back in and the robot started again, confirming automation mode.

Cool, I turned mine cutt off at 1:45 just to be sure.
Now that the tree's have stopped bombing my pool with junk I have mine set to run from 1am for 45 minutes and again form 5:15 to 7am so it's clean when I get up.
Last time I checked my smart plug it only pulls around 120 watts or 1 amp so cheap to run

DanF

Silver Supporter
Mar 17, 2019
Chandler, AZ
First Name
Dan
That's what I'm thinking my smart plug will do for me. What I'm wondering is whether I'm limited to a 2 hour runtime each time it starts (because of the Dolphin's logic) or whether it will run until the smart plug turns it off.

markayash

Gold Supporter
Mar 21, 2016
Marrietta Ga
First Name
Mark
That's what I'm thinking my smart plug will do for me. What I'm wondering is whether I'm limited to a 2 hour runtime each time it starts (because of the Dolphin's logic) or whether it will run until the smart plug turns it off.
I think so, I think Chris lets his turn off after 2 hours and restarts when he wants..
If you can add a smart plug it is nice, my wife asked me last night why there is a flashing light in our pool at 1 am :)

Pool Amateur

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 19, 2015
Central, NJ
Hi I heard about this from Mark in another thread, I read and have tried to get my Dolphin Active 30i to go into "Automation Mode" but I can not make it work. My unit will be 3 or 4 years old, I think 4 but I need to go back and look to be sure. I am curious if any Active 30i has been able to go into "Automation Mode" and if so how old is it.
Here is what I did:
1) the robot was plugged in but not turned on all lights were off
2) I unplugged power supply from the wall for 1 minute
3) I plugged back in
4) I pushed and held the the Timer button (button under 3 LED lights) for 10 seconds nothing happened, no flashing lights or lights at all
5) I unplugged the robot from the wall outlet again and waited 1 min.
6) I plugged back into wall outlet
7) pressed and held the Timer button again for 10 sec., No lights came on or flashed
8) I unplugged the robot from the outlet and waited 2 min.
9) I plugged it back in and nothing happened, I waited 2 min., still nothing happened

Did I do the procedure correctly?

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.