Yard Day and Forgetfulness

Mendy48

Bronze Supporter
Apr 27, 2018
Midland, MI
Yup! Going go Vent....

Well I picked up some Arborvitae and started planting near my pool. Went to the truck to get some more of the Arborvitae and realized that my placard handicap was stolen. Yup! this placard is need for a family member. I looked everywhere for it and it's completely gone. Now, it's dawn on me that it was defiantly stolen from my truck. I mean, who does that??? Everything is closed here in MI. Can't get a replacement one for a long while and I have to just not take my family member with me anywhere because she cannot walk long distances. I mean, really?

I can't seem to get out of the bad mood I'm in. My entire day has been ruined. I have so much I need to do...
fix my multivalve
look into a SWG for my pool
plant Arborvitaes

Then this happens? Ugh..... I'm done for the day I think... Not sure what advise can be given to a completely ruined mood. Plus it's cold outside. Why is it so cold in MI right now?

Newdude

Jun 16, 2019
NY
Awesome. I took my 'little old lady' mom a lot of places and i always dropped her off at the front door instead. (Against her wishes of course... 'i can walk from the handicapped space' ..... ok lady, but WHY ?? ). I got a dirty look on occasion pulling up in the fire lane, but when whoever it was saw my mom get out, they understood every time. Some even waited to hold the front door open for her. Then i would go park in a regular spot and save the close spot for someone who needed it. When she was almost done with the store, dr, etc i would go fetch the car for curbside pickup.

gonfishin

Gold Supporter
Jun 13, 2017
Rochester, MN
First Name
Sue
Glad the placard was located. I'm usually too rushed to remember to grab it from the other car.

When I don't have the handicap placard, I always drop my mom as close to the door as possible over her objections. As soon as people see the walker come out, it seems there are a swarm of people who rush to help which embarrasses my mom to no end. (Gee, maybe that's why I forget? Nah ....... :) )

Like Michigan, the weather is totally messed up. Today is so brutal outside, 40-something degrees, clouds, and what feels like ice pellets falling from the sky. And there's a prediction for snow after Mother's Day!

Newdude

Jun 16, 2019
NY
As soon as people see the walker come out, it seems there are a swarm of people who rush to help which embarrasses my mom to no end
LOVE it !! And it always restored a little faith in humanity. I’d get looks like I was somebody full of themselves using the fire lane and the second people saw my Mom they flipped like a switch. Ma’am Ma’am let me HELP !!! When she couldn’t stand very long she had that walker thing with the seat and could just enjoy the fresh air for the 2 min it took to park and go get her.

bmoreswim

Mod Squad
Gold Supporter
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 16, 2012
Central MD

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.